The “objects” or objectives of the Society as stated on page 614 of the Slooper book:
1. To honor the memory of the Sloopers of 1825.
2. To promote the publication of the history of the Sloopers as a group and of the individual families.
3. To authenticate, preserve, and mark historical spots made memorable by Slooper association.
4. To maintain a museum collection of articles having belonged to the original Sloopers and their descendants.
5. To acquaint the present day descendants of the Sloopers with one another, through the publication of literature and the holding of meetings having literary and social programs.
6. To promote the interests that are common to the society as a whole.